The Military Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CIRAS™ Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System

Go down

CIRAS™ Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System Empty CIRAS™ Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System

Post by Tarfu Sat 29 Mar 2008, 9:02 pm

The CIRAS Flack Jacket is the vest I currently am issued, and I love it. The think I like about them most is the way the weight is distrubted compared to the Intercepor vest I used to have. The weight is more evenly distributed front to back. Also, I can put my mag pouches right on my stomach instead of off to the side for easier speed reloads. God forbid I get thrown in the water with an interceptor with SAPIs in, I wouldn't be able to get out of it so I wouldn't drown, with the CIRAS, there is a quick release design in it. One tug of the quick release, the flak breaks into 5 pieces and falls right off, perfect for VBSS (Visit, Board, Search, Seisure) missions aboard ships.

Here are the specs straight from Eagle Industries website.

Product Description:

The Eagle Industries Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System (CIRASTM) is now the armor carrier of choice for USSOCOM (BALCS-R). The CIRASTM
vest incorporates a single release cable (Patent Pending) that makes
the assembly process easier than it's predecessors. There are two
versions of the Eagle CIRASTM vest, the Maritime (CMS-MAR-CIRASTM) and the Land version (CMS-MC-CIRASTM).

• Heavy-duty, abrasion and water resistant 1000 denier Dupont® Cordura® nylon exterior construction.
• 1” Mil. Spec. webbing cross straps for mounting MOLLE pouches.
• Detachable shoulder pads.
• Internal and external cummerbunds for tight, secure fit.
• Fully adjustable for height and girth.
• Two styles offered, with each style available in 3 sizes.**Armor not provided**

• Made in the USA
• Lifetime Guarantee

Source: http://www.eagleindustries.com/prd_detail.asp?ProdID=449

CIRAS™ Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System Combat_Integrated_Releasable_Armor_System_Land_Version_lg1
Tarfu
Tarfu

Male
Number of posts : 27
Job : USMC
Hobbies : Drumming, video games
Donation Bar :
CIRAS™ Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100CIRAS™ Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.myspace.com/drummerboy06

Back to top Go down